Registration and Licensing for Foreign Medical Practitioners
The Kenya law requires any Foreign Medical practitioner who intends to practice or do research in Kenya to be vetted and registered by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board. The Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists´ Act (CAP 253) allows registration of Foreign doctors who have valid qualifications from their home countries to engage in medical practice in Kenya on a temporary license that is valid from 3-12months depending on the length of one´s assignment, renewable.
Most Foreign doctors visit Kenya for purposes of medical camps, humanitarian purposes, conferences, teaching in Universities and for purposes of conducting research. The following requirements must be met by any foreign doctor who intends to practice or visit Kenya for professional purposes:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- A Certified copy of valid registration certificate issued from the Country of qualification;
- Proficiency in English Certification (IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge Certificate of English);
- A certified copy of certificate of good standing during the preceding three (3) months by the registering authority from which a person was working or/and studying;
- A certified copy of original degree certificate and transcripts;
- Certified true copies of English translations of all documents presented if applicable;
- Current Passport sized photos;
- A copy of the Passport or National Identification card;
- Relevant testimonials together with English translations if applicable.
NOTE: The license issued by the Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board will stipulate the area of specialty, attachment and duration of practice in Kenya.
WHAT WE DO
For purposes of registration, Daktari Online will act as an agency and will on your behalf make the application to the Medical Practitioners and Medical Board on meeting the minimum requirements as stipulated above.
We will offer the following services;
- Verify that you meet the minimum registration requirements as set by the Medical Board.
- Make the application on your behalf to the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- Follow up and send an electronic copy of the temporary license by the Medical Board. The original hard copies will be provided on landing in Kenya if need be.
- Advise on the application, registration and licensing processes.
- Apply for renewal of the licenses on expiry.
- Maintain your records for future application processes.
A standard fee of $200 is charged by the KMPDB for license application and a further $100 by Daktari Online for license processing and follow-up.
Both fees are payable upon application and verification by our team ascertains that all the necessary documentation are in place. A follow-up notification email will be sent with the details.
Terms and Conditions apply.